Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Betty Williams Drives through her Garage

This story is about the lady that lived across the street from Chris growing up. She always seemed about 90 years old even though she was probably only in her late 50's or 60's. She was from England and an terrible driver. (I don't think those things are related....just mentioned together).

She was always coming home with new dings and dents in her cars, driving over curbs and cats.

One day Chris and I were in his front room listening to music or watching TV and I heard her car start up....in the garage....the garage door was down. I had this feeling I knew what was about to happen...I yelled for Chris to come watch and sure enough.......she back through her garage door. She forgot to put it up. I couldn't believe she did that.


She also loved to camp and bought a small RV....one that had an extendable awning off the side. One day she was putting up the awing to test it out. She didn't click it all the way in and when it was fully extended, she walked toward the RV and the awing collapsed on her trapping her between the awing and the side of the RV. All you could see was her feet sticking out underneath and hearing her swear at the top her lungs.....she got out but it was funny to watch.

(I am going to hell)


Chris and I liked to put his 'boom box' on top of his roof and jump from the roof to his trampoline. We also like the music really loud.....Betty didn't. One day she came over while we were on the roof with the boom box and started yelling at us to turn it off. We told her no, we had a right to listen to the music and she had a right to go home and shut her door. It was one of the first times I remember talking back to an adult. She yelled and screamed at us....and eventually went home and shut her door.

No comments: